All my life I was one of those women who found it easier to make friends with men. I can’t believe it’s taken me until my mid-twenties to see how wonderful having women friends can be. This mixtape is inspired by all my awesome lady friends!
1. What’s New? – Carmen McRae and Betty Carter
2. Girl Talk – Kate McGarry
3. I’ve Got The World On A String – Sarah Vaughan
4. Dr. Feelgood – Dee Dee Bridgewater
5. I Wanna Get Married – Amy Cervini
6. The Man is Optional – Kristin Fung
7. Evil Gal Blues – Karrin Allyson
8. Downtown – Holly Cole Trio
9. One For My Baby – LaVerne Butler
PS: Girls Night Out is also the name of a fabulous vocal jazz jam hosted by Lisa Particelli at Chalkers Pub in Toronto on Wednesday nights. Click here for more details!