Now that it’s mid-December, the holidays are in full swing and if you’re in up north then it’s probably starting to get pretty frosty and white. I get a little bit cranky when it starts to get cold so it’s helpful for me to remember the positive things about this time of year. 1. eggnog, 2. fireplace fires, 3. wool sweaters, 4. snuggling. I feel better already. I think I’m going to combine all those things with this wintery mixtape.
[Update: This is my most listened to mixtape with 9570 plays on 8tracks!]
1. Oh Tannenbaum – Vince Guaraldi Trio
2. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve? – Harry Connick, Jr.
3. I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm – Cecile Mclorin Salvant and the Jean-François Bonnel Paris Quintet
4. Winter Wonderland – Roy Hargrove & Shirley Horn
5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Dave Brubeck
6. Snowbound – Nancy King with Steve Christofferson
7. Let it Snow – Betty Carter & Roy Hargrove
8. Christmas in Antarctica – Tena Palmer with John Geggie
9. First Snow – Dave Holland
10. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Pt. 1 – Carla Bley, Steve Swallow & The Partyka Brass Quintet