I went shopping for the perfect CD release dress the other day and I got this awesome black cutout maxi tube dress and this sequin jacket to go on top. I feel like such a bad ass for life (BAFL) with this outfit on. I can’t wait to get everything on with full hair, makeup, and accessories. It’ll be fierce. In honour of this outfit and my anticipation to get dressed up for the release I made a pre-party primping pump-up mixtape! It features Betty Carter, Mose Allison, Denzal Sinclaire and more (full playlist below). Enjoy this week’s mix!
1. Eyesight To The Blind – Mose Allison
2. This Can’t Be Love – Cyrille Aimée
3. Old Devil Moon – Carmen McRae
4. Tofu & Greens – Denzal Sinclaire
5. La Fille De Pho Bo Ga La – The Back-Talk Organ Trio +1
6. Tight – Betty Carter
7. The Way You Make Me Feel – Curtis Nowosad
8. The Man Is Optional – Kristin Fung
9. Boogie Stop Shuffle – Chris Potter
What would you like to see in future mixtapes? Leave your comments and suggestions below!