Last week I reviewed Lost And Found by Gretchen Parlato and it reminded me how much I love slow jams. Slow jams are basically the ballads of the R&B world. They’re not just slow though, they have this very unique time feel – a really interesting mix of drawn out beats and tight snare shots.
This week’s mix contains slow jams and slow jam-inspired tunes from my favourite jazz, R&B, pop, and crossover singers. Enjoy!
1. Better Than – Gretchen Parlato
2. (There is) No Greater Love – Amy Winehouse
3. The Fact Is (I Need You) – Jill Scott
4. Cinnamon Tree – Esperanza Spalding
5. He Loves Me – Kristin Fung
6. Same Reality – Sandra Nkaké
7. Till It Happens To You – Corinne Bailey Rae
8. I’ll Stay feat. D’Angelo – The RH Factor
9. Nothing Even Matters – Lauryn Hill