All my life I was one of those women who found it easier to make friends with men. I can’t believe it’s taken me until my mid-twenties to see how wonderful having women friends can be. This mixtape is inspired by all my awesome lady friends!
1. What’s New? – Carmen McRae and Betty Carter
2. Girl Talk – Kate McGarry
3. I’ve Got The World On A String – Sarah Vaughan
4. Dr. Feelgood – Dee Dee Bridgewater
5. I Wanna Get Married – Amy Cervini
6. The Man is Optional – Kristin Fung
7. Evil Gal Blues – Karrin Allyson
8. Downtown – Holly Cole Trio
9. One For My Baby – LaVerne Butler
PS: Girls Night Out is also the name of a fabulous vocal jazz jam hosted by Lisa Particelli at Chalkers Pub in Toronto on Wednesday nights. Click here for more details!
Yay! Thanks to the generosity of three amazing vocalists, I’m giving away a great CD bundle to one lucky reader. The bundle includes Amy Cervini’s Digging Me Digging You, Kellylee Evans’ Nina, and Nicky Schrire’s Freedom Flight.
1. Follow the three singers on facebook or twitter:
Amy Cervini: facebook | twitter
Kellylee Evans: facebook | twitter
Nicky Schrire: facebook | twitter
2. Leave a comment below.
The contest will close at 11:59pm on Tuesday, January 29th and the draw winner will be required to answer a skill testing question.
That’s it! These three wonderful women are all jazz singer friends of mine and I’m so happy that I get the chance to share their music with you. Good luck!
This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Robert B Rucker! Stay tuned for more amazing CD bundle giveaways!