If you’ve ever seen me in real life then you know I always have my red baggu backpack on me. I swear by this bag, it can hold everything! If you’ve ever wondered what the heck I keep in there, you can wonder no more…
1. About four copies of my record, Here We Go Again. It might seem paranoid to ALWAYS have copies on me but whenever I go without I regret it.
2. Several notebooks. I usually keep my big songwriting book and my small logbook (seen here) but often I also carry my journal and my blog idea notebook. I have a notebook problem.
3. Every chapstick I own + MAC’s matte Russian Red lipstick. That stuff is amazing.
4. Collapsable cane. Best invention ever.
6. Set deck. Best game ever.
7. A tripod and glif (iphone tripod mount) because you never know.
8. Many pens and a Sharpie. This might seem super vain but if I’m planning on selling albums to people I meet on the street I like to also be prepared to sign them. There’s nothing worse than seeing the look on someone’s face when you tell them you can’t find a Sharpie to sign the album they just bought.
9. Of course, the usual keys (seen here on a Montreal Jazz Fest lanyard), wallet (actually I just use a binder clip), change purse, hanky, glasses case, bottle of Advil, and dental floss.
10. Not pictured are my iPhone, which I’m using to take the photo, and my Square card reader, which snuck out of the frame somehow. It’s too bad because I made a cute little home for it out of an earplug case. You can see that here.
Haha, wow this seems like a lot of stuff when I type it all out like this. What do you keep in your bag?